Day of the Week & Time of the Day Google Ads Report in Looker Studio
If you're running your Google Ads campaigns at all times, then you might benefit from having a Day of the Week and Time of the Day Report in Looker Studio. This report allows you to examine the day of the week and time of the day when ads are most effective, which you can use to make informed decisions about when and how to allocate your advertising budgets. For example, you may discover that your ads perform better on certain days or during specific time slots. Armed with this knowledge, you can optimize your ad scheduling, ensuring that your ads appear when they are most likely to generate maximum engagement and conversions. This quick and easy guide will show you how to create Day of the Week and Time of the Day Google Ads Report in Looker Studio. Let's dive in!
In case you prefer to watch a video tutorial instead, here's a 6-minute tutorial you can check out from XYZ Lab's Youtube Channel!
1. Click on Insert and add any visualization of choice
2. From the SET-UP column, under Dimension, select Day of week or Hour of day
3. Add any Metric of choice
4. Change the Sort to Day of week or Hour of Day
5. Customize your report's look and feel accordingly
1. Use the Combo chart to add multiple metrics of choice
2. Add the dimension Day of week or Hour of Day and add the metrics of choice
3. Navigate to the STYLE column and change Series #1 and Series #2 to Line / Bars accordingly
4. Set the axis of Series #1 to the Left Axis and Series #2 to the Right Axis
5. Show data labels
6. Compact the numbers
7. Change the grid color to Transparent
6. Repeat the same steps for any visualization of choice
7. Add a drop-down list (filter) for Day of week or Hour of day (Optional)
You can add a drop-down list and set the dimension to Day of week or Hour of day.
You can then use it as a filter to look at performance on a specific day or hour.